Interceptor is a system used to log message traffic over Pocsag or Flex paging networks directly to a PC or computer network. The software is available in single PC or networked client/server versions.
Interceptor consists a 4 channel receiver unit and a Windows based application which together are able to monitor up to 4 paging frequencies within up to 4 pre-selected frequency bands. Pocsag and Flex may be monitored on separate channels. (For single channel logging see LogPage)
Interceptor is equipped with powerful filtering and reporting tools that enable the user to automatically search through received page messages using different criteria and output the filtered results to the screen, resend it to a pager or other messaging device such as a cellphone or forward it via email.
Capcode Filter Criteria
• Select all messages sent to a specified capcode
• Select all messages sent to a specified range of capcodes
• Select all messages sent to any capcode greater than a specified value
• Select all messages sent to any capcode less than a specified value
Text Filter Criteria
The user can define a word, a phrase or a group of unrelated words
• Select all messages that contains a word, phrase or group of words or text.
• Select all messages that contains a group of words or text in any order
• Select all messages that contains a group of words or text in a specfied order
• All searches can be defined as case sensitive or case insensitive
• All searches can be defined as searches for partial word match or searches for the whole word only
Capcode And Text Filter Criteria
Capcode and text filter criteria can be combined together in a single search, and the user has option to combine them in three different ways:
• Find all messages that match both capcode and text criteria
• Find all messages that match either capcode or text or both
• Find all messages that match either capcode or text but not both
An unlimited number of search filters can be set up and each filter can be displayed in a different way (different background and text colour), can raise a visual and/or audible alert and can be re-sent as a page message to an unlimited number of pagers and/or as an email message to an unlimited number of email addresses.
A powerful and easy to use reporting engine is included in the Interceptor software to enable the user to develop customized reports of message traffic based on the stored message database.
The user can set multiple criteria for each report in a similar manner to the filtering criteria.
Each report can be stored as a report template and re-used many times.
The results of each report query may be displayed on screen and can be saved as a .CSV file which can be opened and analysed in a spreadsheet program.
The user can also set the program to run reports automatically at certain time intervals (days or hours) and send the results as attached .CSV files by email to an unlimited number of email addresses.
Interceptor can have Watchdog Alarms set up for all four channels. These alarms monitor the watchdog messages sent out on most paging networks (messages sent on a regular interval to a specific capcode) to detect failure of the network or transmitter. On detection of a watchdog failure, audible and visual alarms can be raised as well as messages sent to pagers and email addresses.
WiPath is a developer, manufacturer and supplier of electronic signage systems and LED display solutions as well as intelligent, critical messaging systems utilising wireless communications technologies including paging, cellular, WiFi and radio.